Our attorneys are proud to serve
Franchisees And Dealers Nationwide
J. Mark Dady
- Franchising 100%
Mark is the Managing Partner of Dady & Gardner, P.A. and limits his practice to the representation of franchisees, dealers, and distributors.
Since joining Dady & Gardner over a decade ago, Mark has represented clients in all stages of their relationships with their franchisors and suppliers. As a franchisee attorney, Mark regularly helps prospective franchisees review and negotiate the terms of their franchise agreements and area development agreements. Mark also regularly works with his clients to resolve disputes with their franchisors and suppliers, including disputes related to fraud and misrepresentation, unlawful financial performance representations, breaches of contract and the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, and wrongful termination/non-renewal, among others.
In addition to working with individuals and groups of franchisees, Mark spends a significant amount of his time advising new and existing franchisee associations. This includes assisting with the formation of franchisee associations, providing strategic guidance to franchisee associations, and performing regular reviews of key agreements, e.g., annual review/negotiation of proposed changes to the Franchise Disclosure Document, franchise agreement, and area development agreement.
Mark and his family reside in the St. Paul, Minnesota area.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 2008
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2014
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2015
- Sole Discretion: So What? Good Faith Still Can Prevail, The Franchise Lawyer, Summer, 2016
- I’m Going to Make Millions, But What If I Don’t?, Franchise Times’ SuperBook of Franchise Opportunities, Fall/Winter, 2011
- Minnesota Rising Stars – Super Lawyers Magazine, 2012 – 2020
- Franchise Attorneys and Lawyers – Best Lawyers in America, 2019 – 2021
- Top 150 Legal Eagles – Franchise Times, 2020
Classes & Seminars
- Speaker "Effective and Compliant Use of Brokers and Sales Agents", American Bar Association 40th Annual Forum on Franchising, October 2017
- Speaker "Disputes During the Three Phases of a Franchise Relationship", American Bar Association Forum on Franchising Webinar, February 2014
- ABA Forum on Franchising, Chair - Solo and Small Firm Division, 2020 to Present