Dady & Gardner Franchise Attorney



Q: What can a franchisee do if a franchisor is allowing other locations to be too close to the franchisee’s location?


Q: What would you say to a prospective client?


Q: What categories of claims does Dady and Gardner handle?


Q: What documents should a franchisee bring when meeting with a lawyer?


Q: What is area of dominant influence (ADI)?


Q: If a franchise opportunity is misrepresented to a franchisee, can they get their money back?


Q: Can a Franchisee recover from a franchisor’s broken promise?


Q: What if a franchisor violates the best price promise?


Q: Why should I consider hiring a lawyer who practices in franchise law as opposed to my regular lawyer or someone I know?

A: The laws concerning franchises, dealers and distributors are highly specialized and differ from state to state.  Franchisors and suppliers typically have lawyers who are specialized to represent them in disputes with franchisees.  We know most of the franchisor law firms, and they respect us.  You should be on an equal footing with the other side.

Q: How do you charge for your services?  Can I get a contingency arrangement with you so that I do not have to pay unless I win?

A: We handle the vast majority of our cases by charging for our time on a pay-as-you-go basis.  Our rates are competitive with those of other firms, and our clients tell us that we give good value for the money that they pay us.

If a client has substantial money damages that can be proven through the client’s financial records and that can be collected from a solvent franchisor, we may be willing to make a contingency arrangement.  In these arrangements, clients pay out-of-pocket expenses.  As a general rule, “substantial” damages means at least $250,000.

Q: My franchisor (or supplier) is a multi-million dollar corporation with an array of lawyers.  How can you fight them?

A: Dady & Gardner has faced off against some of the world’s largest law firms with success.  Our senior partners themselves are alumni of “mega-firms” and are comfortable dealing with them.

Q: I do not live in Minnesota.  How can you help me?

A: First, Dady & Gardner, P.A. lawyers are admitted to practice in Minnesota and South Dakota.  If you live in a state where we are not admitted, we will make arrangements with local counsel, to the extent required by the rules, to work in that jurisdiction.  Dady & Gardner lawyers have assisted clients all over the United States.

Q: Who will work on my case?

A: We usually have a partner and a junior lawyer assigned to each case, so that someone is always available to assist you and answer your questions.  We try to staff our cases in the most efficient way possible, so that we do not waste your valuable resources.

Q: I have an emergency.  Can you help me right now?

A: We do our best to help clients in emergency situations, and have been frequently successful.  If you have an emergency, you should call us right away—the single most important factor that hurts our clients in emergencies is their own delay.

Q: How do I find out more?

A: Please give one of our partners a call or fill out our contact form.

Best Law Firm 2019 Dady Gardner