Our attorneys are proud to serve
Franchisees And Dealers Nationwide
Jeffery S. Haff
- Franchise Law
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- J.D. - 1989
- Honors: With Honors
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- B.A. - 1986
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, Presidential Honors Scholar
- Major: Communication
- Minnesota, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1989
- Co-Presenter: Focusing On the Bottom Line: Managing Costs and Driving Value When Resolving Franchise Disputes (2020)
- Co-Presenter: “FRANCHISING–LITIGATING THE DEFINITIONAL ELEMENTS,” Annual ABA Forum on Franchising (2018).
- Co-Author: Annual Franchise and Distribution Law Developments 2013 (ABA Publishing 2013) and was a plenary session speaker on this topic at the 2013 Forum on Franchising in Orlando, Florida.
- Co-Author: “Differential Treatment of Franchisees in Tough Economic Times” ABA Forum on Franchising, October 2011.
- Thinking Outside the Franchise Law Box: Is Our Area of Law Special? Should It Be? 20 Franchise L.J. 101, 132 (Winter 2001). (Co-author with Nancy L. Lochner).
- Co-Author: Depositions In Franchise Cases, ABA Forum on Franchising 2008.
- Co-Author: Zealous Advocacy or Sharp Practice? ABA Forum on Franchising, October 2006.
- Co-Author: Franchise Litigation—A Changing Landscape. ABA Forum on Franchising 2004.
- Co-Author: Franchisee Non-Payment of Fees: Underreporting, “Royalty Strikes” and Related Issues. ABA Forum on Franchising 2000.
- Co-Author: Lost at Sea: Avoiding and Addressing Wrongful Termination of Your Franchise, AFA Legal Symposium, 2000.
- Co-Author: Nine Holes Was More Than Enough—How Franchisees Can Get Away From Systems That Give Them No Value, AFA Legal Symposium, 1999.
- Author: How the SBFA Would Affect Franchising: The Franchisee’s View, 5 Leader’s Franchising Business and Law Alerts No. 11 (August 1999).
- Sioux Falls Kenworth, Inc. v. Isuzu Commercial Trucks of America, Inc., 2017 WL 3600404 (D.S.D. August 18, 2017)
- FECO, Ltd. v. Highway Equipment Co., Inc., 2010 WL 5394727 (Iowa App. Dec. 22, 2010)
- Town & Country Equipment, Inc. v. Deere & Company, Inc., 133 F. Supp.2d 665 (W.D. Tenn. 2000)
- Zitco, Inc., v. BASF, Inc., Business Franchise Guide, 1999, D. Minn.
- Heck Implement, Inc. v. Deere & Co., 926 F. Supp. 138, 1996, W.D. Mo., 1996117699
- Metro All Snax, Inc, vs. All Snax Inc., 1996, D. Minn.
- Prudential Real Estate Affiliates, Inc. v. Prudential Long Island Realty, Inc., Business Franchise Guide, 1995, C.D. Cal.
- Expedition League, Inc. v. Badlands Big Sticks Baseball Club, LLC et al., South Dakota Circuit Court Case No.: 51Civ22-150,
- Best Lawyers in America named him “Lawyer of the Year” for Minneapolis franchise lawyers, 2017
- Minnesota “Super Lawyer”, every year since 2002
- “Legal Eagle” by Franchise Times for 20 years
- “AV Preeminent” lawyer for over 20 years and recently receiving the prestigious “AV Preeminent Judicial Edition” award from Martindale-Hubbell
- Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly, Attorney, 1989 to 1995